Repair diary Sinclair C5 - Page 11:
- 1 Reflector stripes, assembly, new problems
- 2 Trailer hitch and more
- 3 Repair diary: table of contents
Reflector stripes, assembly, new problemsThe Sinclair C5 got new 3M Diaond Grade reflector stripes today. Looks really natty!
While assembling, I noted that the steering and the chain are scratching the body now. Must think about something to push the body away on these spots.
Sunday, 07. June 2009:
Trailer hitch and moreConsidering the suitability for daily use, a hitch for our bike trailer is very important to me. So I made my mind about this matter.
I will need to mount a further construction onto the chassis for this. This will be a little bit tricky since there is always either the motor, the gearshift or something else in the way.
Manufacturing and assembling the hitch will require some more time. And I also need to dismount the chassis again.
Was that me who lately told that all the big workings are now finished?! ...
Finally one more picture, showing the current state:
Repair diary: table of contents
- Page 1Prelude
- Page 1A new project
- Page 2Demounting and first problems
- Page 2Fighting with steering bar
- Page 3Exhumation of a motor
- Page 3Let there be light!
- Page 4The "ant cave"
- Page 4Rust, rust, rust
- Page 5Sanding, sanding, sanding
- Page 5Sanding the brake attachment
- Page 6Sanding the frame
- Page 6Front wheel dismounted and sanded
- Page 6A soap opera
- Page 7Finished with sanding the frame, painted the wheel fork
- Page 7Frame and wheel fork painted
- Page 8Painted the wheel fork once again, front wheel ball-bearings cleaned
- Page 8Ball-bearings from the Titanic
- Page 9A Puky gives its life
- Page 9An electric toothbrush with some real power
- Page 10Back to work!
- Page 10Gear hub mounting
- Page 10Chain and other things
- Page 11Reflector stripes, assembly, new problems
- Page 11Trailer hitch and more
- Page 12I am frustrated!
- Page 12Puky is cannibalised again
- Page 13I am Iron Man!
- Page 13Gear hub mounting finished
- Page 14Front wheel rim made of steel
- Page 14Make it street legal