Repair diary Sinclair C5 - Page 10:Friday, 29. May 2009:
Back to work!After one week of mandatory break the Puky gear came back today from the lathe.
Of course I instantly drilled some holes into it to mount it on the gear box.
Intrinsically I intended to mount the gear with rivets. But unfortunately I can't reach the spots with the rivet gun.
Well, I guess I just have to screw this then.
Saturday, 30. May 2009:
Gear hub mountingSpent today with assembling a mounting for the gear hub.
It consist of 3mm aluminium plates, angle iron and a lot of screws.
To make it look more nice I spayed all with zinc spray again.
And while I was at it I also repainted the metal frame, which is located inside the C5 seat back.
This frame was totally rusty. But since I wasn't very eager to sand again I went to a car paintshop to sandblast it.
And was grumply rejected: "Nah! We do car parts only!".
Pah! It seems some people just don't want to earn money.
So finally I sanded the frame by myself again.
Sunday, 31. May 2009:
Chain and other thingsI needed to make the gear hub mounting over today to adapt it to the distance between gear hub bevel and axle bevel.
Apart from that I also keept myself busy with this and that: sanded the chain tensioner and the steering bar and cleaned various metal parts.
Little by little things come to an end. The heaviest jobs are finished and soon I hope to start with reasembling the C5.
Repair diary: table of contents
- Page 1Prelude
- Page 1A new project
- Page 2Demounting and first problems
- Page 2Fighting with steering bar
- Page 3Exhumation of a motor
- Page 3Let there be light!
- Page 4The "ant cave"
- Page 4Rust, rust, rust
- Page 5Sanding, sanding, sanding
- Page 5Sanding the brake attachment
- Page 6Sanding the frame
- Page 6Front wheel dismounted and sanded
- Page 6A soap opera
- Page 7Finished with sanding the frame, painted the wheel fork
- Page 7Frame and wheel fork painted
- Page 8Painted the wheel fork once again, front wheel ball-bearings cleaned
- Page 8Ball-bearings from the Titanic
- Page 9A Puky gives its life
- Page 9An electric toothbrush with some real power
- Page 10Back to work!
- Page 10Gear hub mounting
- Page 10Chain and other things
- Page 11Reflector stripes, assembly, new problems
- Page 11Trailer hitch and more
- Page 12I am frustrated!
- Page 12Puky is cannibalised again
- Page 13I am Iron Man!
- Page 13Gear hub mounting finished
- Page 14Front wheel rim made of steel
- Page 14Make it street legal